Sunday, February 10, 2008

Books of the Trade

Well, in the past couple of weeks I have indulged my guilty pleasure of ebay. Kills me every time I go there. I have gotten 3 new books. 2 from ebay and 1 through amazon.

On ebay I got The Fairy-Faith In Celtic Countries by Walter Yeeling Evans-Wentz. A palm reading book from 1890. I haven't received it yet. On amazon I got the Encyclopedia of Elements 20,000 Dreams. Very popular right now at work. The Fairy-Faith book so far has been pretty informative and history book like.

I do like some of the points that he makes. Its impossible to describe the invisible world to someone who has not experienced it. 2 men traveling in different countries can come together and talk about their travels because they have both traveled. Even though their destinations have been different they have traveling in common. But if you try and describe Fairies, magick, energies to someone who does not believe or has never been there, there is no language for it. You cannot describe a feeling if the other person has never felt it.

Of course this makes so much sense but I never thought of it that way. I will write more as I learn :)

No comments: