Tuesday, May 20, 2008

After a Time

After taking a big break from my blog, and coming to terms with issues presented to me in my life. I have come to face the fact that I am right were I need to be.

I have come to face the fact that you cannot have friends on basis of religion. It doesn't work. No matter how "like minded" you think you are with someone, religion just masks peoples true character. Now I am not saying this negitively. Religion is not suppose to be a way of life entirely. Lets face it, if we had a co-worker or friend say at every turn and every odd moment what would jesus do, or what would the Goddess do, most people would go crasy listening to that all the time.

Its a great thing to come together when celebrating but if you are going to be true friends with someone, wait on the religion part until far later.
Know the person, not the one thing you think you have in common.

I started going to a class up north. There are quite a few people there, who in the past I have not come eye to eye with. Now we have never wronged each other, but we just ended up at the opposite sides of the Pagan community, or what there is of one....
The class is Traditional Witchcraft. It deals a lot with the Norse tradition. All of us put our pasts aside and learned a lot from this night. The classes are going to continue and I am eagar for the next one. Our teacher has a good sence of what he is presenting and how to present it.

Our first class was about the roots. Starting with Neanderthal and Crowmagnum Man. How they and religion progressed through the centuries.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

after a time, don't you think it's time to start writing again?